The Convex Mirror Shop is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website. You can then be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Convex Mirror Shop may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
WHAT WE COLLECT:
You may provide us with information by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, txt, email, or live-chat.
This includes information you provide when you request product information, submit a warranty form, make purchases through our online store, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site or products.
The personal information you provide may include your name, address, email address, phone number, billing information and other information relevant to customer enquiries, warranties and purchases.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER:
We require this information to satisfy any orders you might place, to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Fulfilling your requests.
- To complete any transactions you are undertaking with us.
- Where we have a legal obligation to retain transaction records that are required by law..
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We will only send you marketing or promotional information of you specifically ask for it by email, phone or mail or if you consent to receiving this information by checking opt-in checkboxes on our website.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests and feedback.
THIRD PARTY DATA PROCESSING:
- Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law.
- If you purchase a product from us, your card and other payment information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
- We use third party online forms through Jotforms to process information on our behalf for our 5 Year Product Warranty Form.
These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- We only use your email through our internal group of partner companies and never sell this to any third parties.
- When you enter personal information through our checkout page to make a purchase, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
- We use a third party credit card processing company to bill you if you purchase with Visa or Mastercard. We do not store any of this information on our website or servers.
Please note, sending personal information via the internet is never completely secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending your personal information is entirely at your own risk.
If you have any questions about security on our site, please contact us during business hours by phoning 021 0338714 or through our Contact Us page.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES:
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We only retain the personal data collected from a user for as long as the users account is active or otherwise for a limited period of time as long as we need it to fulfil the purpose for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreement as follows:
- Billing information is retained for a period of 7 years as of the provision to Bennett Mirror Technologies in accordance with New Zealand accounting and taxation laws.
- DuraVision 5 Year Warranty submissions are kept for a period of 5 years to quickly identify claims, disputes and for product research purposes.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or unchecking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise this right at any time by phoning us at 021 0338714.
CONTACT US AT ANY TIME:
You can contact us at any time to:
- Request access to information that CMSNZ has about you.
- Correct any information that CMSNZ has about you.
- Delete information that CMSNZ has about you.